Epic Dance Complex offers a strength and flexibility class specifically designed for figure skaters. The class focuses on helping skaters improve their strength and flexibility, which are essential for executing jumps, spins, and other skating elements with precision and control.
Here are some of the key components of Epic Dance Complex’s strength and flexibility class for figure skaters:
- Strength Training: The class includes exercises to build lower body and core strength, as well as upper body strength for spins and lifts. Skaters will work on exercises such as squats, lunges, planks, and push-ups, using body weight and resistance bands.
- Flexibility Training: Flexibility is crucial for figure skaters to be able to perform jumps and spins with proper technique and form. The class includes stretching exercises that target the lower body, back, and shoulders, as well as techniques for improving overall flexibility.
- Injury Prevention: Figure skating can be hard on the body, and injuries are common. The class includes exercises and stretches to help prevent common figure skating injuries, such as ankle sprains and knee pain.
- Core Training: Core strength is essential for maintaining balance and stability on the ice. The class includes exercises to strengthen the core muscles, including the abs and lower back.
- Body Awareness: Figure skating requires a high level of body awareness and control. The class includes exercises to help skaters develop their body awareness and control, such as balance exercises and coordination drills.
Overall, Epic Dance Complex’s strength and flexibility class for figure skaters is designed to help skaters improve their performance and reduce the risk of injury, while also emphasizing the importance of having fun and enjoying the sport.